Wednesday 23 March 2016

Insecurity


Insecurity

Some people I did string along
Others I strung through
Thought that it was all for me
But really it was you

Rationalised it in my head
Repeated and laid it bare
Told them they were moaney
Inconsiderate and unfair

Empty pride I defended
Myself and ego too
Thought that it was all for me
But really it was you

Gathered my motivational quotes
To defend and build my wall
But as my fortress bigger and stronger
My perspective just got small

Sitting in protective loneliness
With I, myself and me
I cried for all my loves I'd lost
Through sheer stupidity

As tears filled my fortress like a pool
And I felt I was drowning me
Me, myself and I looked up
Saw the warm smile of insecurity

Just about to reach out and touch
As my tears choked with a glug
Saw the devil that was
I flipped, I dived made a beeline for the plug

All that time those wasted years
Thought it was I, myself and me
But bringing me down in the wings
Was you insecurity

No comments:

Post a Comment