Wednesday 23 March 2016

The Routine (school run)


The Routine



There’s got to be more than the daily grind

This hamster wheel is blowing my mind

Reflection says human feel like a rat

Testing my nerve with this and with that.



Sleep, wake up, have a bath get dressed

Organising the household is the real test

Rice Krispies or Cornflakes we’re in a rush

Your hair is a mess get me the brush



Where is your school bag?

And your other shoe?

And how many times?

Close the seat on the loo



Ride bike to school? No its too far

Hurry up and jump in the car

Right say a prayer, let us be gone

Oops hold up I left the iron on



A kiss for my trooper have a nice day

That bit’s all sorted now I’m on my way

Searching for parking rush to the train

That’s all I need delayed again.



Got to the office, second half of day’s work

Coat still on and phones go berserk

Client is angry, boss holds his head
Looking around I’d be better off in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment